Usually we say you need to come to three permablitzes before you qualify to host your own, and there are many reasons why we say this. However, sometimes three is a lot. To keep blitzes happening, we are bending the rules a bit.
So until further notice, you can qualify to host your own blitz if you have:
- participated in two permablitzes, OR
- participated in one permablitz and have volunteered for a day with any two of the following groups (or similar):
– Helped out for a day at your local community garden e.g. The Rock Papamoa Community Gardens, see them on Facebook;
– Attended a community day at any Coast Care Group, through BOP Regional Council;
– Attended community day at any Bay of Plenty Conservation group, such as local wetland or riparian margin restoration e.g. Athenree Saltmarsh Restoration Group, through DOC or – HELP Waihi, Habitat Enhancement and Landcare Partnership (HELP) Waihi http://www.waihihabitat.co.nz/
– Voluntary pest control work such as through Forest & Bird e.g. Aongatete Forest restoration Trust, through DOC;
– Attended, volunteered at or run workshops relating to permaculture practices
Basically we want to make sure you’re committed to the cause – creating edible gardens, sharing skills related to permaculture and sustainable living, building community, and having fun – and know what to expect at your own blitz.
So if you are keen to get your place blitzed and think you qualify – then check out this page here and let’s get things underway!